Thursday, December 27, 2012

The fiscal cliff is just a few steps away! Are you strapped in and ready for the fall?

As the year winds down, and we count how much we spent for those little gifts there is a dark cloud in Washington D.C. No, no, not rain, not snow, it's the two biggest heads in our nation. I will not mention any names in the hopes that you all can self determine who they are.

Here are a few things that might be useful to remember.

First and most important. We the people have the cards in our favor. What do I mean with this you ask? Only we as consumers decide how, when, where, and why we spend money. This is a very important issue. Since we as consumers own our financial future, only we can start the distraction of our great economy. If you have a job and make money.....spend it. Yes yes I said spend it. Wisely but spend it. If you need shoes buy them, if you need that morning Joe, go get it. I don't want you to think I'm telling you to go out and spend all your savings, but don't change your spending habits because of some over rated issue like this cliff. What's the reasoning behind this? Well it's easy. Listen yes I know our lives were turned upside down over the last few years, but remember we are only going back to the old tax rates. I mean how much is a few bucks less a week any ways. Yes you might say I'm nuts, or that I have gone mad, but that beats the flip side. Sit on our hands and wait for the big heads in DC to save us at the cost of our kids and grand kids.

Second and just as important jump on the phone with your tax consultant. Ask the important questions. The most important is how will falling over the cliff will affect you.
If you are undergoing a Modification or a short sale, you need to find out how any balance forgiveness will harm you. Ask them if there is a way around having to pay taxes on those amounts.

Third I would recommend that if you have a 401 k or something similar, you should talk to a financial advisor ASAP to see if gold is a good option. If you have your money in a unstable market you will most likely not want to run the same risk that you did a few year back. Remember gold is a great way to make sure your future is secure. Silver might be an option as well. So reach out to your financial planner. If you don't have one I can give you a few good guys who can help.

Four Please refer to number 1,2, and 3.

If you have any questions let me know. I'll do my best to help you strap on and get ready for this wild ride that's coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment